Slider

Happy Korean New Year!

Thursday, February 19, 2015

 February 19, 2015, is the official Korean New Year celebration day. How is this even on my radar?? If you recall from past blog posts, especially this one, Joe's parents lived for over eight years in Seoul, Korea. They have only just recently moved back to the USA to live and work, and it's been so good to have them closer again. But before they moved back, last year they sent an AMAZING Korean New Year care package, complete with foodstuffs, toys, fun information/trivia about multiple Asian countries, and ....official Korean New Year costumes. Incredibly beautiful clothing sets for each of the kids. I knew the minute I opened them that there were photos in my kids' futures. And though it's been a full year, it's turned out to be a perfect thing. Quinn wasn't quite walking yet this time last year, and his outfit was a bit roomy still. This year, the outfits fit everyone really well, AND I had time to plan ahead to have these photos done in time for the actual New Year. Win win! So with love and gratitude to my mother and father-in law, I want to wish you all a happy and prosperous Year of the Lamb, a happy new year to you from us! 





 {so willing, that boy is.... His scowl is unparallelled!}

I'm sure my in-laws could tell so many stories about the symbolism and relevance of these outfits. I do know that Lucy's rainbow purse (the boys each got one, too) is meant for gifts and lucky coins, etc., for the children. Each of their purses have a crisp dollar bill in them from their grandparents. So cute! 

I love the colors... I love the details... and it has been really cool to see these beautiful gifted outfits on my cute children. Hooray for photos! 

Do you have any stories about Korean or Chinese New Year? Any personal links to these holidays? Share in the comments! I'd love to hear! 

Sae hae bok mani ba deu seyo! (Happy New Year!)

2 comments:

  1. I love that you got the pics for the year of the LAMB, for their maternal heritage ;) Haha!

    Anyway - they are BEAUTIFUL and I'm so glad you go them immortalized in pictures.

    Happy New Year, may it be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for the year of the lamb! (which may actually be ram but not in my book). Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan