Slider

Thankful.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

In no particular order, I went through my photos last night and gathered a selection of images that capture things I am truly grateful for. There's no pattern, they're not ranked in importance... They're just sweet little things in my life that overflow my heart. But of course, it doesn't hurt to start with an image of these two: 

Photobucket  Photobucket 
I'm thankful for these two stinkers... particularly for their bond together and the joy they live their life with.


Photobucket 
I'm thankful for a curious, engaged little boy who has a daddy more than willing to be there to lead him to new discoveries.


 Photobucket

I'm thankful for my cozy, comfortable bed... Good sleep anchors my days. (And that little guy reading books on his own-- that's its own little gift.)


I'm so thankful for Joe's parents and for my parents... For their generosity of spirit, for their advice, for the ways they help us be better parents... For the Grandparentness of them.

 Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket  Photobucket

I'm thankful for this expressive face. Even when it pouts. Her little face kills me with it's perfect cuteness. 


 I'm thankful for this guy, and how he is a natural daddy....He is so tender with Lucy, and so engaged and involved with Noah.
 Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Silly... but I'm thankful for my cheerful yellow bowls and their little aqua counterparts. Every time I use one, I get a little perky zing in my day. 


Photobucket
I'm thankful for that 2+ hour stretch of time when this is my only companion, both kids tucked in their rooms for naps/quit time. There is a rejuvenating spirit in this downtime, and the calm of the soft rain machine coming through this monitor is hypnotic.


Photobucket 
And there is nothing like peeking in on your sleeping babies. NOTHING sweeter.


Photobucket
SO thankful for Julia and my clean house. This is such a treat. I've not really mentioned it before, actually... but I trade housecleaning for photos, and it is, hands down, the best decision I've ever made with this biz of mine. Julia is as much my Positive Thinking Guru as my cleaning girl, and we both love the days she comes over and we talk and laugh and inspire each other for the few hours she is here. And-- My. House. Is. Clean.


 Photobucket Photobucket 
I am deeply thankful for this little man's imagination and fascinations with all things science--- Above, he is sorting and talking about his space flashcards...


Photobucket

I'm thankful for squeaky clean kids and their post-bath fresh scrubbed smells and soft skin.


 Photobucket

One of my favorite moments of the day: her little habitual bottle pre-nap-- the snuggle time... the quiet peaceful aqua room... just she and I and the rocking chair.


Photobucket

I'm thankful for art. Kid art, my art. ANY art.


Photobucket 
I'm thankful for this day, back in May. (You can't read the result in this bad pic, but I remember that moment so vividly. Surprise. Tentative joy. Shock.)


Photobucket

And then I am thankful for getting to this point--- 31 weeks right now (28ish in the pic), and feeling this little one move reassuringly throughout the day. (and that little stinker photo-bombing this selfie. Haha!)


Photobucket 
And most especially, I am thankful for THIS part of the whole pregnancy thing: the actual being, this little man, this HUMAN who will join us in January and change our lives forever.


Photobucket 
I'm thankful for how good these two are at the store and on errands. Pretty much every time. The green car cart helps.


Photobucket 
I love this girl and her love of hats. And shoes. And making me hold/wear EVERYTHING she finds interesting. 


Photobucket 
I love this kid and how much he loves that he's discovered reading. He is giddy about it. 


Photobucket 
I am so thankful for bandannas. They've helped me through my ongoing hair crisis in a way that feels authentic and sassy... And if you don't agree, just don't tell me. I'd be so sad to say goodbye to bandanna days. Haha! 


Photobucket 
I am thankful for fabric. And sewing. And making things with my hands. Pure joy, I'm telling you. 


Photobucket Photobucket 
I'm thankful for our quiet evenings together of late--- dinner is over, dishes swishing in the dishwasher, and the four of us in the dining room, together. Noah might be working on a "project", Lucy is toddling between the two parents, curious and happy and in all of our stuff... Joe, even after a long day of work, giving all of his attention and energy to his kids... Me decompressing on the computer a couple of feet away, or showing Noah how to do something in his journal, or holding Lucy and showing her fun kid Youtube videos... Or iTunes pumping out a song we all dance to.... We are communing together, the calm before bedtime. Family time.

 Photobucket 

*
Lastly... a tender illustration from the artist Susan Branch: A Prayer For a Small Home. Amen, and amen. Happy Thanksgiving, all. Here is to gratitude and the thousand blessings we all have in our lives. 
 Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I have to mention that Joe totally lools like a young John Lennon in the picture with Lucy on the bench outside. Perfect moments to treasure...Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan