Slider

Beautiful Sisters {St. Louis Family Portrait Photographer}

Sunday, January 10, 2010

This session was totally for me.
Weird?
Let me explain. Sometimes as a photographer, you get into such a rhythm of taking photos for your clients, that you never have the time or energy to get the photos you have in your head... You never get to play and be random and try things that might work, but also might fail. And by the end of my fall sessions, I was there: getting dangerously close to the edge of uninspired burnout.

So, though it would mean a bit more work for me, I allowed myself to indulge a vision I had for a perfect fall family photo session, and I contacted someone and asked if I could borrow her and her sisters for some fun, practice photos. My ideas, my vision.... Just needed them to be my models.

So... ya see, these photos, though of course appreciated and enjoyed by the girls in the photo, were completely orchestrated by me. I told them the style I wanted them to wear. I chose the inconvenient location (in another state! Okay, okay... Just 40 minutes across the border, but still.. ), and I got to do exactly what I wanted to do.

And my models? They did BEAUTIFULLY. I mean, come ON. See for yourself!

Martin

Martin

Martin

Martin

Martin

Martin

Martin

Martin

And yep, you see it... Twins. Aren't they lovely?? I adore these photos. The light, the color, their clothing, the apple orchard, the mood... ALL of it.

I got to do my "Autumn Orchard Set", and my beautiful subjects got a perfect birthday gift to give to their father and only ended up paying the price of prints. A win-win, I'd say!

3 comments:

  1. Wow. So cute! And how neat to work with twins! Any time you need models you just let me know... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the orchard, THE ORCHARD!!! I am dying, DYING at how lovely these are. You couldn't have picked more beautiful models - they did a great job. And the light, and the location are...I might faint.

    (can you tell I've had visions of orchard pics dancing in my own head? It's an affliction. Ever since I saw nie nie's, which must be two years old now...)

    GORGEY!!! June baby, JUNE!! That's all I'm sayin'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any chance your schooling could take you to Michigan? You would love it--orchards and beautiful land everywhere. Think about it :)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan