Slider

The W. Family {St. Louis Family Child Photographer}

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Whew! After a crafty binge on here, it's weird to get back to photographs! And especially when the session I'm sharing is from LATE SUMMER. Whaaaa?! How did this one fall through the cracks?? Especially since, as I am looking at the images again, I LOVE so many of them??

Oopsies!! Boo on me!

Quick, time to rectify this. Here is the W. family, a sweet family with two incredibly cute boys. It was a complete delight capturing them with my camera. We paid special attention to Zachary, since he was the new addition and needed some photos of his own. But Owen, the big brother, was on hand for PLENTY of charming photos of his own. :)

we started with a garage session.... LOVE the light, the simplicity, the color.... A timeless way to catch true PORTRAITS of this moment in their lives:

Welsh

Welsh

Welsh

Welsh

Welsh

{I LOVE that this little angel WENT TO SLEEP!! Like a newborn!! I never expect that from my 3-month olds, but he was a DREAM..... While he dreamed. Tee hee!}

Welsh

Welsh

{And he didn't even wake when his big bro wanted to show him some INTENSE love! }
Welsh

After our garage portion of the session, we got to play in their charming home and catch some "day in the life" images. I love this type of session, too, because you get the "real" side of the subject... In this case, Owen's deep love of anything Transformer related. :)

Welsh

Welsh

Welsh

This next one TAKES MY BREATH AWAY.... LOVE the true connections here... Love the light. Love the texture of the walls and the details.... Love it.
Welsh

And a few more in their awesome back yard....
Welsh

Welsh

Love this session. Love that I got to fulfil my split-personality as a photographer--- my love of posed, beautifully lit portraits, and my love of REAL LIFE moments, too... Love that they let me do both. Love the love between brothers and parents and each other.

And love that I still have many many many more sessions from autumn/winter 2009 to share with you before Christmas is upon us.

Happy Wednesday! Back to editing for me. I think I only have two nights left of editing before I can officially call 2009 FINISHED. Wahoo!!!!

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family and ADORABLE little boys!! Good work Em! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, those guys look great. Kev and I were thinking "why does that little boy look so familiar? Duh, it's O. grown up a bit with a new baby brother:) What a cute family they are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a zillion and one pictures of my boys - and yet your images make me crave more! I cannot wait until your next CA trip - or until I win the lotto and fly my family there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is amazing, Emily! It brings joy to my soul to see what you create...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the one of the family on the couch! Well, love that family too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Dear Emily! I hate that you are so far away... you take such gorgeous pictures! Hey, I want you to see my blog (maxmomma.blogspot.com)- I made the fabric flowers you posted last week and LOVED it! Thanks for the idea- it was a lot of fun to make time to create.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right. That family one on the couch is absolute perfection. Beautiful moment you've captured there, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cool that they have another addition to their family! Love, love, LOVE the one of Z bundled up with that super cute hat on. Awe!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan