Slider

Baby in a Basket { St. Louis Baby Photographer }

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sweet Berkeley, nearly ready to crawl... This is the PERFECT age for photos because little ones have SO much personality, but can't escape my relentless lens. I love it! and I love this kiddo. She was my beautiful newborn HERE, and I cannot believe how time has flown since then...

I mean, LOOK at her! All soft, cute, pink, roll-y bright-eyed baby!

Like the mop cap? Made it myself. I'd been haunted by a vision of this photo shoot--- rustic basket, classic mop cap, deep woods.... and HAD to make it happen. And rather than scour the web for a hat, I figured I could finagle one myself... So I used Noah's head for measurements and whipped this up without a pattern... and it worked like a dream!!

And this next photo--- I had to include. Because Berkeley is just about the BEST-natured kiddo EVER. She is so chill and so perky and so happy to just be wherever she is put.

Except when she's NOT. And when she gets upset, her FROWN is nearly too cute to handle. Her entire mouth turns completely upside down and she looks like a cartoon! It is so sad and so adorable!
Goodness! Too much!

And since I had already brought the whole family out for the shoot, we had to grab a quick family shot... Isn't Berkeley's big sister a beauty? Aren't her parents cute?

Now if only we could have avoided the CHIGGERS that resulted from traipsing all over this wild meadow... *sigh*

But it's a price I am willing to pay for photos like THIS:

Love them! Thanks, Andi, for letting my "baby in a mop cap" vision come to life! Thanks, Berkeley, for being a good sport!

22 comments:

  1. She's adorable! And I love the mop cap. SUCH a great, and original idea. (at least I've never seen it before)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember her newborn photos, and you can really see her personality come alive here! Your vision was executed perfectly! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful background too. Where you at a park or something?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness! Im so in LOVE! you did an amazing job! WOW, YOU ARE THE BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok....those photos are beautiful!!! I mean really?!?! They are amazing. And that baby...I could eat her up with a spoon. She is rolly just like Emma was! Em~Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all beautiful but I caught my breath a little on that last one. So classic, love it. And I love how you used the same flower hat in the newborn pics :) Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know it is sad, but I love the sad baby photo. Such an expressive face and so beautifully captured.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are AMAZING Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH Emily, she makes my heart ache. What beautiful shots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So great Emily! These are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. :) Beth9:52 PM

    Oh dear, I'm almost MORE in love with 6 month old Berkeley than I was with newborn Berkeley. If that's humanly possible. Does she have a fan club? Can I start one?

    Sublime as usual Mrs. S!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Berkley does have a fan club and I'm the president. These photos are beautiful. You really have captured every nuance of personality in that little one! Fabulous!
    (- one of "the Berks" grandmas)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to agree- they are one cute family with two beautiful girl. But I could be biased as the papa is my cousin! Wish I lived in the area so you could photograph our family- beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nasrene8:29 AM

    Hi Emily! I figured I'd stop through and leave you a comment. :)
    Oh my goodness what a beautiful girl!!!!!! Those shots are amazing, down to every little detail...the flower, the basket, the scenery, the BABY. Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Berkley is my niece, so count me in her fan club too!!! You do such beautiful work. Berkley is lovely in all those shots.

    ReplyDelete
  16. "Oh, it's just something a threw together..." Oh Emily, can I have just one ounce of that creativity?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holy moly - those are BEEEEAUUUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yeah - that last one? Wow - never really wanted a girl before, but that one hurts the ovaries!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are such a cute gal!! I bet you are so fun to work with too.

    Totally cute photos.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That picture of her in the green green meadow wearing her bright pink flower hat is priceless! You have such a talent!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, those are so neat! I love looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Emily, these are gorgeous. I haven't been able to look at your stuff lately (a quick peek at my blog will explain) but I am SO HAPPY to see these. They are very much your element and really show how much you've grown as a photographer in the short time I've 'known' you. Beautiful, beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan