Slider

Randoms...

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

{Noah With His Grandpa, Dec. 2008}

*
We got to take a little trip to Columbia over the weekend and spend some quality time with my dad... My mom is in Austria, of all places, and Dad is holding down the fort by himself for the week. I had a shoot in Jeff City, so we made it into a little mini-break and Joe and Noah came along. It was such a good visit. Good food, as always, provided by dad-- omelets, french toast, cookies, roast, chicken cordon bleu, peach cobbler-- Altogether better than any restaurant. And Noah got to spend such good, quality time with Grandpa.

Noah was also singularly THRILLED by the menagerie of animals currently residing at my parents' house--

Two dogs, Trissy and Max. (Max is my sister-in-law's pup, in "foster care" at this house while Mary is in Iraq).
Three birds, Henry, Howard and Eunice. (Henry is my parakeet, living there, and Howard and Eunice are my sister Sarah's zebra finches, staying for the week while she is on a road trip. These finches were Noah's FAVORITE. They BEEP, not chirp, and it made him laugh UPROARIOUSLY!)
Two cats, Callie and Alfred. (Noah got VERY good at imitating their "meow" sound.)
One degu. (Don't know his name. another of Sarah's pets, staying for the week.)
One rabbit, Cocoa. (Very tame, my sister Kirsti's resident pet... He is so good to let Noah manhandle him!)

And were it not for my allergies, the entire visit would have been IDEAL. In fact, now that my poor eyes are back to normal, the itchy memories are fading and the trip is being remembered as ideal!

*

And now, here we are, back in STL, on Joe's Spring Break. We went to the zoo today, and ti was a PERFECT day for it....

*

Joe is watching Flight of the Conchords while I edit photos.

*

I've watched TONS of movies since figuring out the Netflix Online thing-- Just watched Desperately Seeking Susan and The Business of Being Born.... Random, but good for keeping me at the computer and editing.

*

I get to host another Cupcake Party this coming week... Can't WAIT for a new round of yummy cupcakes!!

*

I have several photos from the December batch that I have never finished editing. My personal photos suffer SO MUCH when I am busy with client photos. It gives me a knot in my tummy.

*
Actually, if I get started on THAT train of thought, I can get a LOT of knots in my tummy, thinking about unfinished projects, inconsistencies, wish lists... and so on and on and on. Maybe I WON'T go there right now. Hmph.

*
And..... That's all the randomness I've got, for now. Back to work. Hope the rest of everyone's weeks are good, fast, and sunny!

8 comments:

  1. I smile just imagining Noah with the animals! But why is Henry at your parents'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! That's a zoo! Sounds like an adventure filled weekend!

    That picture with grandpa is awesome. Seriously awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture is PRICELESS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, such a good time.

    And I love Flight of the Conchords. Their song "Business Time" is one of my favorites. I love the guy in the glasses. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you could spend some time with your dad. Glad Noah finds the birds hilarious. Glad your eyes are not as itchy anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We used to have zebra finches growing, up and I loved their 'beeping' too!! What a great menagerie of animals...and I love that Noah is an animal lover too.

    It also does NOT surprise me that he picked up on the meow sound so quickly -- and if it is as good as his dog, I am telling you, that kid is musically gifted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Em, you can sure see that Noah loves his grandpa! What kind of cupcakes will you be making? Make sure to post lots of pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emily... your dad has such a gentle, kind face with "smiling" eyes! Such a fantastic photo.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan