Slider

I'm a Sucker For Surveys...

Monday, December 17, 2007

My sister Kirsten has this survey on her blog. My brother Steve followed suit. So here I am... jumpin' on the bandwagon. Everyone, feel free to copy/paste into your own blog and do it too. Happy Monday!
If my house were burning down and I could only retrieve one object, I'd save my___?
By "object", I'm going to assume my dumb bird and my amazing husband and perfect son (and various and sundry Masons) are all taken care of...And Joe already said he'd grab the computer hard drive (photos, documents, etc.) so I get to grab either some journals or some scrapbooks/photo albums.

If I were a superhero, the superpower I'd most want is_____?
To fly. Seriously. I love when I have flying dreams.

The song that best describes my life is______?
"Top of the World"-- Carpenters... (c'mon, sing along with me!)

My favorite beverage is_____?
Mountain Dew. Or Cherry Limeades from Sonic.
Or, these days, Starbucks hot cocoa.

My favorite candle scent is____?
Pumpkin Spice.

My favorite restaurant is_____?
Cheesecake Factory or TGIFridays or California Pizza Kitchen...

If I had to wear the same color shirt every day, it would be_____?
Turquoise. Or Red. Or Brown.

My favorite hymn is_____?
"Be Still My Soul" and "The Spirit of God"

If I were given one million dollars and 24 hours in which to spend it I would buy____?
An apartment in Rome ($280, 000). A cabin in the mountains in Utah ($450,000). Pay off student loans for myself and my whole family (maybe $100,000 total, if that?). A HUGE Anthropologie splurge ($10,000). Tickets for a trip to the British Isles, including tickets to a few Arsenal soccer games for Joe ($10,000). A new VW Bug, aqua with whitewall tires ($25,000). Tickets for a future trip to Korea to see Joe's parents ($5,000). Tickets for my parents to take a trip of their own ($5,000). Savings ($100,000). The rest spent on presents for my friends and siblings ($15,000). I've thought this out.

If I had to eat the same thing for dinner every day for the rest of my life, it would be_____?
Steak and loaded potatoes, asparagus, salad, mountain dew, cupcakes for dessert.


The one movie that I wouldn't mind watching over and over again is_____?
The LOTR trilogy, including cast commentary and all extras. Best movie of all time. Or Sound of Music, 'cause I love to sing along.

The strangest place I've ever been to is_____?
the operating room during my c-section. It felt like they were making bread in my abdomen. It was the strangest, most disconcerting sensation ever.
The place I'd most like to visit is_______?
Back to Italy or back to San Francisco.

The two adjectives that best describe me are____ and________?
Zany and Passionate

The person I spend the most time on the phone with is______?


My mom. With Genny, Katie, Sarah and Rochelle in the next spot.

The last person I talked on the phone with is______?


Mary. We talked about cruisin' around STL to take some photographs.

This morning I ate_____ for breakfast.
Blueberry Danish in a can we made at home... with cold skim milk.

On a scale of one to ten, with one being a neat freak and ten being a total slob, I'm a_____?
I LOVE organization, but fail at it a lot... And I HATE total slobness... so I am about a 4.

The store I buy most of my clothes from is______?
Old Navy or Target. Though I'd LOVE to stock my entire wardrobe at Anthropologie.(Seriously, who could resist??)

The one thing for which I'd most like to be remembered after I die is_____?
Being a genuine, good, creative, warm, loving mom and wife.

The best Christmas present I ever got was______?
Anything my mom or dad makes me... Like a chalkboard/felt board when I was 4, Cabbage Patch kid and Care Bear when I was 7 or 8, Dad painted a wooden train for me about 5 years ago and wrote a book of poems last year... Mom is making Noah's blessing outfit this Christmas... The list goes on and on.

The general authority who I most enjoy hearing speak is_____?
All of them! (I'm REALLY missing Neal A. Maxwell, and haven't been able to choose a favorite since.)

My favorite perfume is_____?
Anything fresh, light, slightly citrusy. (Like Clinique Happy).

On average, I'm about_____ minutes late for church on Sundays.
10.

The last book I read is______?
Sybil. You know, the multiple personality lady?

My favorite television show is______?
Scrubs. The Office.


My favorite Sesame Street character is_____?
Cookie Monster. I love that shade of blue!!
If my life were made into a movie, I'd want______ to play me.
Zooey Deschanel 'cause she's quirky. Maggie Gyllenhaal because she's spunky... Viggo Mortensen because he's hot. (Whaaa...?)

My greatest fear is______?
The untimely death of someone I love-- esp. my husband or son.

If I could choose a new name for myself, it would be_____?
Zoe, Chloe, Pepper, Piper, Laurel... Something quirky and/or artistic.

When I was five, I wanted to be a(n)______ when I grew up.
Teacher!!! Isn't that cute? For many years afterward, teaching was NOT my career choice. I went through the Cetacean Biologist phase (humpback whales are the best), the Singer in a Rock Group phase, the Broadway Actress phase, and more seriously, the Graphic Designer phase... before landing solidly back in the teaching track almost 20 years later. So even 5-year-olds can be wise, eh?

If I was given an extra $10 at Wal-Mart, I would______?
Either buy candy, or go buy art supplies.

In five years, I'd like to be doing the following:


Being an oh-so-clever stay-at-home mom with two of our four children (one on the way), taking lots of bright, colorful, genuine photographs of them, making sweet little arts and crafts with them, reading lots of books to/with them, taking nature walks with them, sewing stuff for our home, making yummy meals for my hubby, making a little money with photographs or some other creative endeavor, maybe substitute teaching or tutoring somewhere, feeling at peace
with being poor and simple, working on being less and less worldly... In touch with my own soul and tuning out the noise of the world. Happy with my small, simple, lovely family universe.
My favorite day of the week is____?
These days? Any day. They are all nearly identical. So, maybe Wednesday? Monday? Yeah, I'll go with Monday. The fresh start of a new week, Beckie is off work, church has edified me, Joe is usually home with us... Yep. Okay.

My favorite temple is_____?

Nauvoo or Salt Lake City.

My dream job is____?
Designing kids' bedrooms, being an apprentice to some good photographers (Katie, are you hiring?), making movie previews, movie critic, cupcake baker...?

My favorite animated Disney movie is_____?

Aladdin or Little Mermaid...

The last movie I was in a theater is_____?
August Rush. I cried. For good reasons.

2 comments:

  1. I actually didn't make it up. We did this "get to know you" activity for YW two weeks ago, and there were these pieces of paper with the questions on them, and I loved all the questions so I asked my leader if I could take them home. And so, the survey was created.

    I loved your answers and your very bright outlook on life. Mine is looking quite bleak, so it was very refreshing to read responses from someone who is very happy with where they are in life.

    Love you! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm, once i'm not on the road and in a hotel, i'll take some time and do this. but of course we'll still be in a hotel....sigh...

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan