Slider

So... I'm Having a Baby...

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Crazy!!

As of today, I am thirteen weeks along. We had our fourth appointment and our fourth ultrasound today. (My doc is SO amazing-- we get an ultrasound on each visit!!) Today's picture was the first where you can really begin to detect specific parts. The backbone was the most obvious part, followed by the rapid and constant heartbeat.
SO COOL!!!!

Our doc also scheduled our "formal ultrasound" for six weeks from now, when we will get to find out the gender and all that fun stuff. It will be a birthday present for me, since we find out the day after I turn thirty.

As of today, I also get to stop taking progesterone pills, meant to help support my pregnancy in the first trimester. This hormone has been contributing to my daily queasiness, so as I finish up the first trimester AND the hormone, I am crossing my fingers that this relentless stomach-turning will end. I HAVE been lucky, though, in that I haven't actually thrown up. I just HATE thinking about food, and most foods make me gag.

I have been REALLY tired. I have come to rely on hour/hour-and-a-half naps at least 4 times a week, when I get home from school. I just took another big one today!

Anyway... that's my big news! We are due on Thanksgiving Day, November 22. Kind of a fun day!!

I will be teaching this next year, and will be taking about three months off when we have the baby, only going back for the last three months of the year to finish up. After that, I will not teach for a while.

so... um. Right now, I'm needing a popcicle. One of the only things I have actually craved so far. Fresh, cold, not too heavy... Perfect.

Thanks for sharing in our happy news!



7 comments:

  1. WHOOO HOOOO! *clap, clap, clap*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for babies and yay for you and Joe. Did you have a nice Mother's Day? Happy, happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it always seems so far away when they tell you your due date. but then it FLYS so fast, it is crazy. and yay for no more hormones. that couldn't have been that fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeaaaa Emily! I know I already commented on the family website, but after reading your news there, I thought I'd check your blog. Something very cool...we found out Simon was a boy on my 30th birthday! It was such a special day! What an amazing birthday present, eh?

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sooooo happy for you!! :) The ultrasound is amazing!! Glad to see you doing so well. talk to you later babe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!!! So exciting, sorry you feel yucky. Oh I am so excited for you. I hope Joe pampers you a lot. Take advantage and lots of naps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! What exciting news!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan